Thursday, July 3, 2008

My sister

In the name of Allah the Beneficent Merciful.






Forth of July holds a different meaning for Muslims in the Nation of Islam. On that day Master Fard Muhammad came to deliver black man from bondage July 4, 1930. Today I received sad news. My mentor sister Priscilla Muhammad passed away on Monday. She died the same way Mr Russert did. This sister meant a lot to me in my growth and development as a Muslim. She was a no-nonsense sister, a straight down to the modern times MGT.
Sister taught common sense lessons about family and relationships. I hadn't talked to the sister in a year. If she were here she would tell me to take stock of my life. Life is precious, take time to enjoy it.
I brought July 4th up because that is what I think of this time of the year. I think back to when I first made the commitment to become a Muslim and the lasting bonds that I have created throughout the years.

I will miss my dear sister. I will miss her being busy and on the go. I will miss her smile. I will miss her friendship and camaraderie the most.

I will miss her so.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

May she rest in peace...