Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Me and the Crush....











Besides being totally enthrolled in this election I had a chance to settle down for a second. Me and trusty Zinfandel sat in front of my laptop and I chilled listening to music. My husband asked me about the group Switch. My curiosity was then piqued so I started to look up my long time crushes Bobby ( I was gonna marry him at the age of 12 ) and El ( I was gonna marry him at 16) DeBarge.

What I found was very startling to say the least. For one thing I found thru Wiki that Bobby had passed away 13 years ago of AIDS p.b.u.h, I was crushed by this so that made me digg a little deeper. I read article from VIBE "The Rise and Fall of the DeBarge Family." As I read these sets of articles I found myself in familiar territory. I thought about Mikey

Well their childhood was filled violence similar to a friend of mine in college. When Mikey he watched his mother being attacked by his father for a kid, Mike said that is the most helpless feeling in the world. Their was also sexual abuse perpetrated by their father. Mike's sisters were molested by family friends. His father brutally abused him and both of his brothers.

The some of the DeBarge family have had brushes with the law and addiction. Where as his family his older brother was addicted to cocaine he is now clean sober. His younger brother has been in Desert Storm, Panama you name it he hated the army lifestyle and went a wall. He is fine now but he stills has a lot demons to deal with. Mike loves both of my brothers very much. His sister Becka happily married now but I think she suffered the most. She protected Micheal and their younger siblings and kept them out of harms way. Her reward ulcers that plagued her for years. She held a lot in. Her weight constantly fluctuated to the point of bulimia. But she is fine now, she beautiful and happy she and Mike remain close...she and Bunny would have a lot in common.

As for me I haven't spoken to Mike in a while but he is fine in Woodbridge, VA in the IT field.
As for El if you ever read this I just want to say thank you...I saw your testimony at Noel Jones in 2007 it was absolutely beautiful. I hope all is well with you and your family. Struggle is daily so pray early and often. I am sure you don't need to hear that from me. You are a beautiful person don't let the gossip column shake you be better than that. I am glad that you are going to be back on the scene with George Clinton that means my husband will listen to it as well :)

Peace with a crush... :)

No comments: